Making a Moka

image

I have been slowly but steadily making progress with my commission.  Having to design something to someone else’s specifications does limit you, but in a good way.  The person who made the commission was quite clear about the image he wanted me to create.  I have to make that work within the parameters he has set which is a good technical challenge.

image

But, oh my! All those tiny stitches all in the same colour! I used a whole skein of DMC 211 on those first 5 words. I have to admit, I was pretty happy when I had finished all of the text.

image

Now all that is left to do is make the moka pot. This, thankfully, isn’t all one colour but in a series of very similar grey tones. It took so much concentration to decide which would go where!  I have renewed respect for all those cross stitchers who make those super detailed projects with lots of shading and slight variations in shade.  Their powers of concentration must be immense.

I have made made a start on the moka but it is still at that stage where there are just a couple of random shapes.  I will post more pictures soon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s